Casio Computer Co Ltd recently announced that it will release the GP-400BK, a new elegantly designed digital piano model in its CELVIANO Grand Hybrid line-up. CELVIANO Grand Hybrid pianos combine the advantages of both digital and acoustic pianos while delivering the performance of a grand piano in tone, keyboard quality and playing comfort.
Casio previously released two pianos in this line-up in 2015 – the GP-500BP and GP-300BK. Both were equipped with its AiR (Acoustic & Intelligent Resonator) Grand Sound Source, which reproduces the same beautiful sound and rich reverberation as a grand piano, and keys made from spruce, a wood used in grand piano keyboards. These models also featured piano tones jointly developed with the piano maker C Bechstein.
The natural Grand Hammer Action Keyboard has an action mechanism that faithfully simulates piano hammer movements, which have a significant impact on the playing response of a grand piano. These innovative hybrid pianos moved beyond the realm of the conventional digital piano, and gained a strong reputation among people who appreciate the nuanced sound and feel of a grand piano.
The new GP-400BK comes with the three historically popular grand piano sounds featured in the GP-500BP and GP-300BK, as well as the same reliable key response and supple playing comfort. New with the GP-400BK is the design, which boasts a curved rear panel and thicker side panels and legs to capture the bold and refined image one expects of a high-quality piano. The height from the keyboard to the music stand has also been made the same as a conventional grand piano. In addition, Casio used a black wood grain finish for the entire piano to give it a dignified look.
Main Features of the GP-400BK
- Thoroughly refined sound and reverberation reminiscent of a grand piano
- The AiR Grand Sound Source reproduces the same beautiful sound and rich reverberation as a grand piano.
- Natural Grand Hammer Action Keyboard enables even more delicate expression
- Grand Acoustic System generates a space of three-dimensional sound
- Scene feature enables pieces to be played with the optimal sound
- Concert Play offers an experience like playing with an orchestra
- Hall Simulator provides the experience of performing in a special venue such as a concert hall