About the contest
After two highly successful editions Casio India Co., Pvt. Ltd. is organising the 3rd edition of The Pianist early in 2018. The Pianist has been organised every year since 2016 in Northeast India for all participants in two different categories, one in the age group of 18 years and below and the other for pianists above 18 years.
In this edition, the prelims will be held in three cities namely Dimapur, Shillong and Guwahati on 8th, 10th and 12th February respectively. In the auditions, the judges’ panel comprising eminent musicians will select 3 shortlisted contestants from each category in every city. Following the auditions, the Grand Finale will be hosted in Guwahati on 18th February. One winner will be chosen from each Senior & Junior category along with one rising star pianist. These winners will be awarded with certificates and Casio Digital Pianos worth Rs. 1.48 Lacs.
Junior Category: Pianists, who are less than 18 years of Age (as on 19th February, 2018)
Senior Category: Pianists who are 18 years old and above (as on 19th February, 2018)
The competition is open to all citizens and residents of India.
The 3 winners of both categories will take home
– Winners Certificate
– Casio Pianos of worth Rs 1.48 Lacs
Know more about Casio pianos (http://www.casio-intl.com/in/en/emi/)
Rules and Regulations:
1. All applications must be completed and submitted through either the online system or physically on or before 3rd February, 2018
2. Applications can also be submitted online at www.vibesnortheast.in/casiothepianist and for information interested applicants can also visit to www.facebook.com/CasioElectronicMusicalinstrumentsIdia or www.facebook.com/CasioThePianist
3. Applications also available at leading Music Schools & Musical Instrument Stores. Dropbox for filled applications also available at these locations.
4. You can also send the filled application form to Tattva Creations Pvt Ltd, Saraswati Market, 2nd Floor, Above SBI, Six Mile Branch, GS Road, Guwahati 781022 Assam, Ph: +91 7086094874
5. All applications are due by 11:59 p.m. IST on Tuesday, 3rd February, 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
6. An acknowledgment will be sent to each applicant upon receipt of the completed online application. You will not be allowed to submit unless all information is complete.
7. All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee and treated as confidential. Casio India Co., Private Limited (‘’Casio India’’ Hereinafter) reserves the right to request additional information from or about an applicant.
8. All applicants should retain copies of their submitted applications. Casio India will accept no responsibility for applications not received.
9. Only one entry per application per person will be allowed.
7. Winners from previous years’ The Pianist are not allowed to apply and/or compete in The Pianist Season 3.
10. The candidate must bring a valid ID Proof for verification before the preliminary round & Grand Finale (If selected).
11. The competition is promoted, managed, coordinated and executed by Tattva Creations Pvt Ltd, and therefore any queries in relation to the same shall be addressed to Tattva Creations Pvt Ltd alone.
1. Contestants should not have any other commitments during the time of the Prelims & Finals. All contestants must remain inside the venue as long as they are still participating in the Competition.
2. Contestants have to play on Casio Digital Pianos which will be available at the venue. No other musical instruments will be allowed.
3. The Competition will consist of 2 categories (Senior & Junior) with separate elimination preliminary rounds and Final. All rounds will be open to the public.
4. The order of appearance of pianists in the Preliminary Round will be determined by drawing. The Competition will follow this order except for reasons of accident, illness, or other unusual circumstances, at the discretion of the judges. The order of appearance in the Final Round will depend on program content and administrative requirements, as determined by Casio India.
5. Contestants who are not ready to perform when called upon to do so will be disqualified.
6. Pianists should not contact or speak privately with any member of the jury for as long as they continue to participate in the Competition. Any violation of this rule may disqualify the pianist.
7. For the preliminary round, 5 Minutes playing time will be given to the contestant. The contestant can utilize this time to play any no. of songs.
8. For the Grand Finale, 10 Minutes playing time will be given to the contestant. The contestant can utilize this time to play any no. of songs.
9. All repertoire needs to be performed from MEMORY.
10. The jury has the right to stop a performance if the competitor exceeds the allotted time.
11. The contestants will be judged on Technical/Playing skills, song composition and stage presence.
12. Use of Piano would be limited to human playing only. No pre-recorded styles would be allowed. Use of Performance Assistance Technology or “quantized” music is also not allowed. Main rhythm or beat cannot be generated and automatically played on the Piano.
13. All selected contestants will be provided with a Tag/Badge which they have to wear throughout the days of the competition (all days if selected for Finals)
14. All selected contestants will be responsible for their travel & lodging expenses for the prelims in the respective cities. Casio India will bear the travel & lodging for the selected finalists (only the finalist) on proper production of bills/receipts of the same as proof.
15. All the participants of the prelims & Grand Finale who compete in the competition will be entitled to a participation certificate on behalf of Casio India.
1. The prizes and awards specified by Casio India will constitute the only prizes and awards of The Pianist Competition. No other prizes, awards, or remunerations will be permitted, except by express decision of Casio India.
2. One winner from each category will be chosen. Apart from this one prize will be awarded to the most promising Pianist.
3. The decision of the judges shall remain the final word.
4. All winners of The Pianist Season 3 will be agreeing to give 1 day of their services to Casio India till 31st March, 2019. These services can include delivering workshops, recitals, public appearances, video and audio recording, testimonials & feedback for Casio EMI. Casio India will reimburse the selected pianists for travel, food & lodging. Casio India shall not be held liable for any payments to Pianists arising out of these services.
1. Tattva Creations Pvt Ltd has the sole responsibility for promotion, coordination & execution of The Pianist Season 3. Any conflicts arising with respect to execution and/or coordination of the prelims or finale will have to be dealt directly with Tattva Creations Pvt Ltd. Casio India shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever in such circumstances.
2. The contestant shall not commit any act or do anything which might tend to bring the contestant into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule, or which might tend to reflect unfavorably on Casio India, or its affiliate. If at any time, the contestant is involved in any such situation or occurrence during the application process or competition, the period between the selection of competitors and the Competition, and/or during the Competition, Casio India has the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action it deems appropriate, including but not limited to disqualification from the Competition or revocation of any awards.
3. All rounds of the Competition may be broadcast live or may be recorded and videotaped for subsequent broadcast, video, or audio recording use. All parts of the Competition event may be photographed. Casio India reserves the right to duplicate, distribute, broadcast, display, and otherwise use all recordings, and the names and/or likenesses of all competitors, for any purposes on any platform, whether now known or yet devised. Casio India shall not be held liable for any payments to pianists arising out of materials derived from any Competition and Festival performances and/or events.
4. All information contained in this document is correct at the time of publication. However, Casio India reserves the right to make any changes if circumstances dictate.